Nothing plays a bigger role in your getting a good night’s sleep than your mattress. We don’t like to brag, but when it comes to our 10.5 inch OMG Memory Foam Mattress, it’s sleep re-imagined. Our plan was to design a mattress that focused on your health and wellness, as well as baseline comfort. There are a few things that really set the OMG mattress apart from other online mattresses and it starts at the top.
Our fabric is top of the line soft and comfortable. It contains natural organic cotton for a soft touch and eco-friendly component. It also contains spandex to allow for stretch, and to make it more breathable, wicking away excess moisture.
We quilt our fabric to a layer of the hollow fibre, a breathable, flame retardant, hypoallergenic, non-absorbent, moisture-wicking, water, wrinkle and mildew-resistant material. Because of cost, it’s pretty uncommon to see fibre and quilting in an online Bed in a Box mattress.
To add even more comfort to the OMG, we add a layer of Supersoft Eco-Friendly Bio Gel Foam. This layer of Bio Foam is infused with gel to help regulate body temperature, to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
Under the super soft foam layer, we get serious about helping you sleep not only comfortable but better. It’s all about the world’s #1 specialty foam we all recognize as memory foam. Memory foam was invented in 1966 by Charles Yost under contract to NASA, as a cushioning material to relieve stress caused by G-force to astronauts during space ship takeoff and landing. Once it’s great qualities were uncovered, it made its way into airline pilot and passenger seats, movie theatre seats, football helmets, shoes, and later mattresses.
Tempur-Pedic® introduced memory foam into mattresses in 1992, as a solution to a better night’s sleep. If you’ve shopped for a Tempur-Pedic® mattress, you know they’re anything but cheap. Queen size mattresses range in price from $1,799 to $7,499!
There’s a reason they charge so much, and that’s the magic of Tempur® memory foam.
- Memory foam is known for relieving joint pain from arthritis and sports or other injuries that can keep you awake, by taking pressure off pressure points such as shoulders, ribs, elbows, hips and knees.
- Memory foam generally sleeps a bit firmer than regular foam. According to Dr. Jeffrey N. Katz (Professor of Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School), and the National Sleep Foundation, a medium-firm mattress can lead to better sleep for those with back pain.
- As memory foam moulds to the body in response to heat and pressure, it evenly distributes body weight without gaps like inner-springs, thereby improving blood circulation. The end result is reduced tossing and turning as you sleep, and fewer sleep interruptions if you’re sleeping with a partner.
- Memory foam cradles and gently contours to your body and lower back, and supports the lower back and spine as you sleep.
- Consumers that sleep on mattresses containing memory foam, including those on a Tempur-Pedic®, give their mattresses the highest consumer rating (4 out of 5).
As traditional memory foam tends to sleep hot, and as science had discovered that a cooler sleep produces a better sleep, we added both gel and graphite into our memory foam layer. The gel was originally introduced into memory foam by Serta® in their iComfort® line, to make for a cooler sleep. Recently graphite that was being used to cool down computers was introduced as a cooling agent in mattresses. It proved to be very effective, so we’ve added this phase changing material to our OMG. Together these components double temperature regulation and cooling in the OMG.
To add further to comfort, under the pressure-relieving memory foam layer we add a layer of Eco-Friendly High-Density Bio Plush Comfort foam.
Our final foam layer is Eco-Friendly High Density of 1.8 lb. Bio Support foam.
All of our Bio foams are soy-based, thereby reducing our carbon footprint.
But we don’t stop there.
We finish the bottom with a non-skid material so that the OMG doesn’t slide all over on whatever foundation you place it on.
If that’s not enough, buying from us supports a Canadian business. That’s right, the OMG is made in Canada, by Canadians, for Canadians.
It’s important to note that all our foams meet CertiPUR-US® standards for content, emissions, and durability. That means they’ve been analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories who certify the foams as having …
- No ozone depleters
- No PBDEs, TDCPP, or TCEP flame retardants
- No mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- No formaldehyde
- No phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
We also have an additional cooling option for those that want an even cooler sleep.
Our Khao mattress protector can effectively reduce sleep temperature by 2 to 3 degrees. It’s also infused with Silver Ion agents, that when oxidized can effectively kill bacteria.
Our buyers have sourced out what we consider to be the BEST IN CLASS mattress available online today. One that incorporates fibre for temperature regulation and moisture-wicking. One that contains memory foam infused with gel and graphite to address mattress sleep temperature. One that helps with tossing and turning issues, provides back pain relief and reduces pain on joint pressure points such as the shoulders, elbows, ribs, hips and knees. One that provides spinal support. And last but not least, one that’s so comfortable it will have you waking up rested, restored and rejuvenated, and wanting to stay in bed longer.
Nothing compares to our OMG 10.5 Inch Cooling Gel Mattress. It’s the closest comparison is ‘The Casper Original’ mattress from Casper. (see the comparison here)
Although ‘The Casper Original’ mattress does not contain graphite or gel, it does have a layer of High-Density pressure relief memory foam.
Give the Gotta Sleep 10.5 Inch Cooling Gel Memory Foam mattress a try!