Looking for the queen size bed size or queen size mattress dimensions? The queen size mattress has been the most popular size for the average consumer since 1999, though its rise to popularity has been rising at an astounding rate since its introduction to the market in the 1950s. Picking the right mattress size for you is a matter of weighting the pros and cons of each, so here’s a handy guide to the pros and cons of the queen size mattress.
The queen size mattress measures 60 inches by 80 inches. That is 6 inches wider and 5 inches longer than the double size mattress. The extra couple of inches makes a difference for those that enjoy more room to spread out, or sleep with a partner. The queen size mattress is the most popular size for couples as it has enough space to sleep two people comfortably.
In the UK, there is no queen size mattress, and instead, their king size mattress is roughly the same size. The UK king size measures 60 inches by 78 inches, meaning that they have the same width as the American queen size, but are two inches shorter.
Having a couple of extra inches over the double mattress gives the queen size a few advantages smaller sizes of mattresses.
- Flexibility: Whether you sleep curled up or stretched out, you can sleep however you like in a queen size mattress without worrying about the limitations of size.
- Popularity: The queen size mattress has become the industry standard and the most catered to size of mattress. This means that shopping for one is easy, and bedding options are abundant for this size.
Couples: The queen size mattress is suitable for couples to sleep together in. It’s not cramped, and allows each partner their own space while also conferring the comfortable feeling of a shared bed.
Comfort: Queen size mattresses offer more surface area so you can always find a cool spot on the bed and sleep comfortably.
Lifespan: With more space to cover, you won’t wear out your mattress as quickly and it will remain clean for longer.
There aren’t too many downsides to consider with purchasing a queen size mattress, but there are few things to think about.
- Space: Yes, space is a pro and a con. It’s wonderful to sleep on a big mattress, but make sure you have enough room for it! The recommended bedroom size is 10ft by 10ft.
- Cost: Queen size mattresses aren’t the most expensive mattresses on the market, but they do cost more than their smaller cousins, so make sure you balance the cost with your need for a big mattress.
If you’re looking for a new mattress and you need more space or are planning to sleep with a partner, then the queen size mattress is the right pick for you. It offers space and comfort at a decent price point and is easy to shop for. You can buy one of the best mattresses online here at Gottasleep Just be aware of the size of the mattress and the dimensions of your bedroom. If you need a bigger mattress, check out our guide on the king size mattress!
- matress sizes,
- queen bed dimensions,
- queen bed size,
- queen matress size,
- queen mattress size,
- Queen size Bed Size,
- queen size matress,
- Queen Size Mattress Dimensions